- Prospective Students
- Why Honors?
- Honors College Advantages
- New Student Orientation Help
- Prospective Student FAQs
- Apply Now
- Current Students
- What to Expect
- Honors Courses
- Honors Contracts
- Honors Experiential Learning
- Honors College "Active" Status
- Honors Thesis Information
- Special Experiences
- Scholarships for Current Students
- Policies and Procedures
- Honors College Student Association
- K-12 Outreach
- Parents & Alumni
- About Us
Vision & Mission
The Honors College at Oklahoma State University develops a community of support and innovative academic excellence, which provides students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to realize fully their intellectual potential, while becoming leaders engaged with their communities and the world.
The Honors College will attract high-achieving students from Oklahoma and beyond. It will support them with a high-quality living/learning environment that provides intellectually challenging courses and encourages their personal development in service and leadership, ultimately helping them reach their full potential.
- The Honors College will bring students with high academic ability and potential to the University.
- The Honors College will be at the cutting edge of educational advancement and provide a springboard for the development of new methodologies.
- The Honors College will be committed to a high quality, enhanced intellectual experience that helps students develop creative and critical thinking skills.
- The Honors College will support its students' personal, academic, and professional development.
- The Honors College will provide a living/learning environment that fosters individual and cultural differences, promotes personal and professional integrity, and fosters a strong sense of community.
- The Honors College will encourage, support, and expect its students to be active in service and to become leaders in the University community and beyond.
- The Honors College will promote its core values.
- The Honors College will recognize appropriate non-traditional intellectual experiences, since profound intellectual experiences are not confined to the traditional classroom.
- The Honors College will be flexible and respond to the individual needs of its students.
- Honors College-developed programs will, where appropriate, be extended to the entire University community.