If you are a current college student who will be transferring to OSU, you can find relevant information by clicking here.
Welcome to the Honors College at OSU.
Still thinking about it?
To apply for admission into the Honors College, students simply need to select 'Yes' when asked whether or not they would like to join the Honors College in the OSU application form.
- Students will then be asked to respond to the "Honors Question". Don't worry, it's goofy and will not be factored into the evaluation. Its purpose is to ensure students don't accidentally select to apply to Honors.
- If a student meets our automatic admission criteria then this should be the final step before attending New Student Orientation. However, if a student falls below this automatic criteria, we would love the opportunity to give further consideration to the application and encourage students to fill out the holistic review form (also included in the main OSU application).
Choosing Your First Honors Course
Joining us next semester? Excellent.
- First things first, sign up to attend New Student Orientation (hint: the earlier the better).
- Watch your emails closely, especially in the weeks leading up to your orientation date. Information about the Honors College session will be included in these emails.
- Let's pick a fun class. During your orientation session, you will meet with an Honors College advisor who will help you select an honors course based on the regular, non-honors courses you need to take and based on what you are most interested in.
Honors College Advantages
There are some additional perks to being an honors student, such as:
- Priority enrollment which allows honors students to enroll the very first day classes become available.
- Small class sizes which lend to a more interactive and engaging learning environment.
- Access to additional college funding opportunities.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Still weighing your options on where you'll be attending school next fall? No problem. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions can help schedule your personalized tour of the Honors College.Attend a virtual campus tour. See the updated deadlines for admissions. Get in touch with your admissions counselor. You can ask them tons of questions.