Honors Contract Instructions

Instructions for Contract Courses

  1. Find a mentor who is qualified to work with Honors Contracts.
  1. Who may supervise an honors contract?
  1. Honors contracts may be undertaken in courses taught by persons holding clinical track, tenured or tenure-track faculty appointments.
  2. Upon recommendation by a department head and with approval of the Dean of The Honors College, visiting or adjunct faculty at the rank of visiting, or adjunct, and other persons holding terminal degrees appropriate to the discipline may supervise honors contracts.
  3. Petitions for exception to this policy may be considered by the University Honors Council and University Student Honors Council only in those cases, verified by the student’s honors advisor, in which it is not possible for the student to maintain active participant status in The Honors College by other means.
  1. Meet with the Mentor and agree upon the work that you will do for the contract (see here for information for instructors on forms of contract).
  1. Fill out the Honors contract form found here and submit it to the Honors College by the end of the second week of classes (ASAP for the summer session - end of first week at the latest).


Certification of final status of the honors contract will be completed by the faculty member when course grades are submitted electronically.