Honors College Forms

This is your location for important Honors College forms. If you have any questions about any procedures and deadlines, please contact your honors advisor.

General Forms

Honors Contract form If you have visited with a faculty member and decided to undertake an honors contract project, use this form to initiate the approval process. This form must be submitted by the Friday of the second week of the semester.

Volunteer Application form  If you are a sophomore or junior with a 3.50 you are eligible for the Community Service Option. Click here for the guidelines.

Free Semester form If you would like to be considered "active" in The Honors College with fewer than the minimum number of required hours (and you have met one of the conditions listed), use this form to request a "free semester." Be sure to contact your honors advisor if you have questions.

Special Experience - General Honors Credit - If you would like to receive credit towards your General Honors Award from a special experience (study apbroad, internship, coop or National Student Exchange) submit this for BEFORE you embark on the experience.

International Experience - An OSU honors student with 3.50 grade point averages may earn a waiver of up to six of the six honors credit hours required for the Honors College Degree beyond the General Honors Award and the Departmental or College Honors Award requirements.

Petition to Retain Active Status - In the event of extraordinary circumstances that prevent a student from undertaking the necessary number of honors credit hours for active participant status in a given semester, a student may submit a petition to the Dean of The Honors College to be considered an active participant in The Honors College.

Application for Undergraduate Research Course to count for Honors Credit. If you are doing Undergraduate Research for credit and would like it to count for Honors credit please use this form.

Thesis forms

We have made some significant changes to the forms used to approve proposed thesis projects please be aware that they are no longer combined with the form to apply for Honors graduation. Also note the form for CEAT students is different than those for other Colleges please use the correct form.

Notification of a Thesis Prep Course When you are about to do your thesis prep semester please file this form.

Request for Exemption from HONR 3000 (Thesis Prep) (A&S students only) If you have sufficient research experience (verified by your thesis director) to undertake your thesis course without the one-credit hour thesis prep course, use this form to request an exemption from it.

Approval of an Honors Thesis Proposal CEAT - College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology ONLY - This should be filed before the end of the second week of your honors thesis semester.

Approval of an Honors Thesis Proposal All Others - All Other Colleges -This should be filed before you begin your honors thesis semester but no later than the Friday of the second week of the semester you are doing youir thesis in.

Forms Associated with Graduation

Application for the College or Departmental Honors Award This should be filed before or at the VERY beginning of the semester you intend to graduate

Application for the Honors International Certificate - This should be filed before or at the VERY beginning of the semester you intend to graduate.

Completed your thesis and ready to file? Completeone of the forms below, upload a .pdf file of your paper, and submit! Your Completion Form will be routed to your faculty thesis director, second reader, and College Honors Director for approval. If you have questions about the process, don't hesitate to contact the Honors College office at 405.744.6799 or honors@okstate.edu.

Use the forms below when you have completed your thesis and given your presentation on your work

Thesis Submission Form All Other Colleges

Thesis Submission Form CEAT ONLY